Lilypie - Kids Birthday

Friday, November 23, 2012

November 6th, 2012

The world changes in a fraction of a second; and the enormity of the truth of this statement strikes you the loudest and clearest when an achingly delicate baby is put in your lap moments after the big bang birth.

When the democrats and the republicans were tossing and turning in bed in the wee hours of the morning of the election day, there was feverish excitement at our end too. Amidst the clamor of the sanitized tools of the doctor, the hurried activity of the nurses, the rhythmic beats of the monitor, the fast fading strength of mommy and the nervous anticipation of daddy, a tiny little being eagerly pushing to come out, finally managed to pop her whole self out and say hello to the world in one loud cry.

When her bare wriggly body was placed over my chest, Manya instinctively strained her neck to look at me; wide-eyed she stared into my eyes - a moment etched in my memory for ever. Suddenly, I seemed so small in front of her, her strength seemed greater than mine and so did her resilience. My heart froze and my body shivered in fright. For all the unsorted emotions I felt, all I could say to her was, 'I am scared, you take care.' Vish had a better grip on the situation and I was pleasantly surprised as he confidently took her and rocked her and cooed to her while I was still reeling from the shock of what had happened.

This was finally her. Our daughter, who we had eagerly awaited for, for nine long months. We were parents now. Priorities flipped as our heart skipped a beat with every sound and movement she made. We felt so responsible and vulnerable, at the same time. And, why not. A care so binding, a love so intense.


Our world had changed, for forever. And it had taken only a fraction of a second.

15 comments:

  1. WOW !!!! Congratulations again and kuddos to you and your talent to pen down your emotions in such a touching and real manner that I, as a reader could virtually experience it by myself!! Do give a hug to Prabha ma'm and congratulate her from my side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyy!! One more mommy blog to follow!! This one is special :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in the spirit of the tradition u started :)

      Delete
  3. i have tears in my reading yur post Yuvika :)
    many many congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really my body is shivering when i read the post.
    Old sweet memories crossing me.
    Take care and congratulations once again:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Nice one Yuvika. Congrats again to you and Vish.


    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Yuvi...heartiest congratulations for the new addition to the family.
    And for the record the pic from 5th Sep said it all..u never had a Chubby face..it was something below the face which was giving you that beautiful glow and chubbiness. Many blessings to the little one..she is a charmer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I still have that chubby face - wonder when i will be able to get rid of all this fat :(

      Delete
  7. So true...nothing else can change your life in a second as the birth of your child does. No one else or nothing else more important than that tiny baby. Happy parenting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you and happy parenting to you too!

      Delete

Would love to hear what you've got to say!