Lilypie - Kids Birthday

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year, Love

Dearest Manya,

2012 has been THE life changing year for daddy and mommy. We have gone through ups and downs all through our lives and had many a proverbial new chapters, but with you coming into our world, it's a whole new epic!

At a single glance, the world doesn't seem to be doing very well - economic crises across the globe, shootings, unrest, and I don't even want to talk about the state of affairs in India. But, one look at you and we are filled with hope - hope for a better tomorrow for you to live in. We want you to grow up to be happy that we chose to bring you in this world. And I am not sure that we are doing enough.

However, what is living without hope and love, and so we shall celebrate each new day as it comes!

2013 will be a year of a trillion firsts for you. I can't tell you how excited mommy and daddy are for your first tooth, your first food, your first word and your first step. You are growing up fast. As I write this, you are already 8 weeks old - now that's a big girl compared to the tiny baby we got from the hospital :).

Last year, around this time, mommy and daddy were sipping wine, and feasting on rum cakes. We were out for dinner and went hiking on the first day of 2012. Those were happy times.

This year, we are surrounded by your dirty diapers, stinky burp cloths, messy bath routines, and sleepless night outs! But guess what, these are happier times because we have you and you occupy all our attention and thought, leaving no space for nostalgia of the calmer (:D) times we have left behind. So, here's wishing you a very very happy 2013. 

Lots of love n hugs n kisses!

8 comments:

  1. Happy New year Manya :) Like your mom I too went to Taj with my baby glow on my face and had an awesome night but this time as the clock struck 12 your elder friend started crying and stopped at 1:30.

    Hopefully you both will behave better in 2014 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha ha - that's a good new year wish!!!

      Delete
  2. How very sweet is this! I'm sure Manya will have a riot reading this when she's grown up. Perhaps, she might also start blogging.

    Please kiss Manya for me while also whispering in her ear about this blogging friend from India.

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did I did! I hope she does read this sometime!

      Delete
  3. Really Superb :)This takes me to my past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! This was a such a feel good wonderful post and I am smiling. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am glad you liked it - hope prevails!

      Delete

Would love to hear what you've got to say!