Our feisty angel is 2 months old now and here are the highlights:
- Manya no longer needs the metronome at bed time - much to mommy's delight who couldn't sleep with that constant noise!
- Her day time feeding schedule is still erratic because of her acid reflux (which has slightly improved), and she still gets up for her 2-3 hourly feeds at night. I have stopped reading forums where mothers boast of babies who sleep for 6 hours straight at night at just 6 weeks!
- While on the subject of her feeding, she is quite a social diner: she wants to first look at me, coo a little, smile a little (confusing me if she has a trapped air bubble or if it is a genuine smile), and then get on with the job, while continuously staring at me. It's all cute, except when she wants to do this entire routine at her 1 AM and 3 AM feeds!
- She continues to be well behaved, though a wee bit more expressive and obstinate about her demands. Her smiles and laughs and gurgles have increased. There is some occasional cooing too. And, when she cries, it's a whole lot louder!
- She plays almost everyday at the play gym - quite excitedly at that.
- Mommy has been showing her books and toys. Very little interest but she loves change in voice tones when being spoken too - responds especially well to daddy's sessions that include a whole lot of rough play and jostling around!
- She moves her legs and hands very well now - a whole lot less jerky. She loves being on her tummy, only because she finds it convenient to suck her hand :(!
- And she has an obsession - Our ceiling fan! She keeps staring at it and even smiles at it. Oh by the way, if while feeding she is not facing it - she'll stop her feed to turn in that direction. Some days it is so irritating, I feel like pulling that fan off!
- She has started listening to Bach (daddy's influence) and Julie Andrews (mommy's influence). We are yet to figure out what she prefers, though!
- Mommy has forced the 8 PM lights off rule. Our darling has been adhering to it with very little deviance. And if she gets a full night's sleep (ofcourse apart from the feedings), she is up bright and sunny at around 5 AM and then sleeps again only by 7 or 8 AM. Much to daddy's plight, she can't tell weekends from weekdays and so we have to ensure she is entertained well in those early hours!
- And something not so pleasant: She will get her first set of vaccinations tomorrow and I have been so nervous thinking about it.
The verdict: She is growing real fast. Her arms, her legs, her eyelashes, especially. Oh, how I love staring at them!