Lilypie - Kids Birthday

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pregnancy Journal: Checked off my to-do!

Sometime during my first trimester, Vish and I bought a pregnancy journal from B&N - basically a scrapbook kind of structure with templates for information to fill in for each of the nine (very long) months, and also space for lots of pictures (of the parents-to-be and the trillion ultrasounds we went for). 

Given my acute morning sickness till the fourth month, I had hardly made progress on the journal. Then up-till the 9th month, I was very regular on the updates (after all I didn't want to forget small details). The journal ends with welcoming the baby, and it was that part that I hadn't been able to complete up until last night, when finally my last set of pics reached our mailbox.

The verdict: Ofcourse, I love it :D. Though, the one thing that I didn't like about the book is that it has everything from the mom-to-be's point of view. For example, details of my family, my pictures etc. - no space for daddy dear. So, we had to take extra effort to squeeze in pop-to-be's details. Everywhere I had to cut out Me etc. to Our, Us, and so on.

I am glad this one's off my checklist - I hope some day Manya has the time and the inclination to go through the journal, and appreciate the memories we have so carefully documented. (Now, would that be too much to ask from the Generation Z? :D

P.S. Have started on the next project: Our baby book. This one was gifted by a friend and it takes off from where the pregnancy journal ends. I am already mostly up-to-date with that one but the completion is going to take a while as it covers the first 5 years! That seems a long time considering our babe is not even 5 months old!

6 comments:

  1. My God, I can't imagine myself doing all this. Your to-do lists come to my mind and it's that meticulousness that shows here as well. You are wonderful, I say.

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Susan! it does take some effort!

      Delete
  2. I have been looking for a baby book since long but didnt get the kind which i want.I now have got a plain book in which i can post all the memories of her growing up months.

    And now when its there I don't have the time to go ahead with it..But i will definitely try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the problem with plain books, you have too put too much effort - what i have is a nice book with templates for each month and year and some fun stuff for the initial days - it's more like fill in the blanks - so easy to do, but looks great!

      Delete
  3. I have ordered the exact same book just yesterday....i am in my third month and really excited to start on the Journal once it gets delivered...ur post has given me some inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck ! Am sure you'll do a great job at it!!

      Delete

Would love to hear what you've got to say!