Lilypie - Kids Birthday

Friday, May 24, 2013

Ice-creams: My self-righteous mommy soul be damned!

I still can't believe it happened but it did. 

M was napping peacefully, and it was the perfect noon for a chocobar. I had just opened the pack and her highness gave out a cry. There was no way I could leave my ice-cream at that crucial moment and there was no way I could let M cry it out while mommy was chomping away to god's glory. So, I took her in my lap and settled on a chair. She quietened and all seemed blissful - I finished the chocolate coating and was just about to start on the vanilla flesh, that in a fraction of a second I see M has already dived into it. 
I threw the bar on a plate on the table and looked at her in absolute horror - she had that trademark devil's grin on her face and about a teaspoon of ice-cream in her mouth, and she was lapping it as if it was the elixir of life. 

I panicked and called the nurse. My doc's office must have my number saved as a hyper-panicking mom, but WTH. The nurse was friendly and couldn't help laughing. She said - Just a bit of vanilla ice-cream won't do her any harm! I reiterated, my daughter is only 6 months old, and she had high fat, dairy (cow's milk), is that okay? The nurse was like, "Relax and go back to enjoying your ice-cream". 

I tried to salvage the remains of what was once a tempting treat but Manya was again restless - kept on clicking her tongue at the sight of my prize. So you know what I did? I took her on my lap, settled onto a chair, proceeded to finish off my ice-cream and gave her exactly two more licks in between. 

(So much for starting on healthy gourds/squash - recording M's first ice-cream rendezvous: Haagen-dazs vanilla milk chocolate bar (without the chocolate, ofcourse). Ouch! But you loved it baby!

Yes, here's my confession and I be damned. Why blame the summer heat?

2 comments:

  1. This cracked me up completely. Lovely tales form lovely memories.

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you've got to say!