I woke up to a very pleasant email in my inbox. Aditi from Diary of a Cusp has nominated me for the Liebster Award.
As I read through the details on her blog, I understand it is an award for a really dear/loved blog - Thank you Aditi for nominating me and decoding the meaning as well. My German is weak. (I am kidding I don't know the G in German ;)) And before I continue with the rules of the award, I'd like to congratulate Aditi too! She has a fantastic blog that I urge you all to check out - She writes very well - you will love her DIYs - recipes are so well illustrated with pics and detailed steps and you surely don't want to miss her travel updates! Keep writing and writing more often, Aditi!
Now onto the award specifications...
- Collect 11 facts about yourself randomly.
- Answer all the 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5–11 bloggers (with more than 100 and less than 1,000 followers) who you think deserve this award.
- Link back your nominator’s blog.
- After publishing your Liebster post, go to your nominees’ blogs and let them know that you have nominated them.
- Frame 11 questions on your own and asks your nominees to answer them exactly the way you answered yours, i.e., by post.
So here I go:
11 Random Facts about Me:
- I hate sleeping late - I need to sleep atleast by 10PM and then get up by 6 or 7 AM to really be cheerful through the day. Yes, I need a lot of sleep and it has to be night sleep - I can't sleep in till noon to make up for lost sleep!
- I really don't believe in bucket lists, but would surely want to do a pan-Europe tour in this lifetime.
- I hate being out-of-touch with people who I have had great times with - Life takes us so far apart and it take a lot to keep in touch - sometimes I fail, sometimes the other person does - and sometimes we both!
- I am quite your emotional fool - nostalgia - a video here - a picture there - a memory trip - all can leave me teary eyed.
- Shopping is the greatest stress buster I know of. I have recently tarted shopping a lot online and while I didn't appreciate it much earlier - I now am beginning to like it.
- I hate cooking and needless to say, I suck at it. I love the occasional baking, once in a while trying out something special - but the daily monotony of cooking, cleaning gets to me - I am not cut out for that stuff ;).
- Over the years, I have lost my 2AM and 4AM friends - I still have them but I would not call them at an unearthly hour. I miss those odd-hour conversations a lot!
- I am quite the mama-papa's girl. I need to talk every day or every other day to get all the news and give all the updates.
- I am a social media enthusiast and find them very useful to keep in touch with family and friends!
- Dressing up, wearing jewelry etc is not my cup of tea - while not strictly a jeans and T person, I like to dress easy.
- I love my blogs and often feel guilty of not writing enough.
What made you start a blog?
This is my second blog after My Musings, which I have had for about 5 years now. That one I started just to log occasional musings, thoughts, opinions. This particular blog (Tales from the crib...) is a concerted effort to record my daughter's babyhood and childhood, which is so fleeting.
What’s the story behind your blog name?
I chose Tales from the crib...because babies are always going to be as tiny as they were in the crib for their moms. And this one's all about her highness!
What inspires you everyday to keep going in all the spheres of life along with blogging?
As of now, it is just my daughter's face and smile and those hugs and kisses that make me do anything and everything.
What do you think of the impact of social media in today’s world?
It is phenomenal - it is a very powerful tool which when used correctly can bring positive change, challenge archaic power structures and bring a kind of equality that has been unprecedented.
What is that one thing that you can do for days without a fuss and getting tired?
At this point, I am so sleep deprived that all I can say is sleep. But on a serious note - I can read and write for days together without getting tired.
Do you consider yourself successful in what you do? Why?
I was a successful working professional before my baby came along. Now my role is that of a mother and boy, I don't even know how I am doing, forget considering myself a success already!
What is your idea of relaxing on a holiday?
No phone, no emails, no cooking - relaxing on the beach under an umbrella, and listening to the waves crashing on the shore - without a care of this goddamn world!
How would you describe your personal fashion and styling sense, edgy, classy, trendy, geeky, etc. ?
My personal fashion and style sense is pure convenience -I wear what I feel would be most convenient and comfortable - I do try to keep in mind the occasion as well!
What is your criteria to follow a blog, specially with less followers? How do you judge?
Purely on content quality - If I like what I read, I follow the blogger.
If given a chance and the required resources that it might take, what would you like to do for the betterment of the next generation?
I'd make it mandatory for all food to be organically cultivated - no GMO, no hormones, no dangerous chemicals.
What is your favorite cuisine? Why?
I love food - almost all cuisines - Italian, Mexican, Indian, Mediterranean - Just bring it on!
My nominees for the Liebster award:
- Sai at Mommy Tales
- Keerthana at And the answer is .. 42
- Shilpa at mumandtish
- Vandhana at Vandys view on anything and everything
- When did you start blogging and why?
- Which is your all time favorite post from your own blog.
- What is your take on blogging, using social media anonymously so that the true identity of the person is hidden?
- Do you or did you ever keep a diary to pen your thoughts down?
- Are we doing the best we can to leave a better world for the coming generations?
- One thing that your parents said that made no sense back in childhood but you completely understand it now...
- What is your happiest childhood memory?
- What is your first thought when you open your eyes in the morning?
- What is your last thought as you drift away to sleep at night?
- If you could have one wish unconditionally granted what would it be?
- What is the No. 1 item on your bucket list today?