Lilypie - Kids Birthday

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Damn Bubbles!

[PS: Have been so lazy about posting these days - hoping to write a few entries and back date them to maintain some sort of chronology! I really seem to run out of time - every single day!]

M has been fond of bubbles ever since I happened to introduce them when she was about 6-7 months old. At her play gym, bubble time continues to be the favorite part of the class. Recently, madame has mastered the art of blowing bubbles "on her own" and that means a whole lot of more fun than just popping them.

I end up making about 16 ozs of bubble mix solution atleast twice a week (standard formula = water + dishwashing liquid + sugar), if not more! 

The other day I posted this conversation on Facebook, and had to journal it here too:

Manya: I am done with blowing bubbles, Mommy now you have a go.
Me: No, Manya, thank you. I don't want to blow bubbles first thing in the morning.
Manya: Mommy I WANT you to blow bubbles NOW.
Me: Please?
Manya: Please.
Me: okay...
Manya: Hold the mix carefully mommy, don't spill it. Hold the wand and blow gently. Don't blow them on the couch - you know how daddy gets upset.
Me: Miss Smart Pants, I taught you how to blow bubbles and everything else. (And I blow some bubbles)
Manya: But you are doing it all wrong mommy. Blow bigger bubbles and higher.
Me (after 15 minutes of this wretched thankless activity): Manya am done blowing bubbles too - my mouth is aching - my cheeks will burst now.
Manya: That's alright mommy, nothing will happen. keep blowing. If something happens, I will take you to the hospital and the doctor will fix you.
Me: I have no energy. I need breakfast. I am falling.
Manya: Eat your cereal quickly and come back for bubbles.
(and after every 30 seconds, "are you done eating mommy")

Quite the dictator, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you've got to say!