Lilypie - Kids Birthday

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

First (successful) shot at the pot!

Only a parent could do a post on this. I am so uncool yes - I was overjoyed to see M peeing in the pot. There I said it. Now the details :P...
In Jan this year, we bought Manya a booster seat for the main pot at HER insistence (yes, every once in a while I like to believe that I am not a parent that forces but takes lead from her bub) - anyways - a nice Dora seat with a matching step tool (which was a little too low) - My daughter was overjoyed - she'd sit on it for hours without doing a damn thing! Like never ever! You have to hear some of her very own comments:
  • The pot will get dirty.
  • It (it = the act of peeing or pooping in the pot) is disgusting.
  • I can sit but I can't do anything.
  • It is all getting stuck inside.
  • Nothing's coming.
  • I am a baby and need to use diapers.
  • Everybody should use diapers.
  • Diapers are clean - pot is dirty.
My own excitement gave way to frustration and we just parked the whole potty training schedule for May (my logic being she'd be 2.5 yrs old and an arbit date for me to giddy up!)

Well May is here - I ordered a brand new booster for her one which lets her leg rest on the step and fits very well into the adult pot. I made a resolve to start potty training in earnest and spoke to M about it quite a lot - she'd even tell her grandparent that potty training starts in May :D.

So I made her sit and told her in no uncertain terms - she was not going to leave till she did something! And lo behold, the sound of music of pee falling into the pot. Boy, I was thrilled. I hi-fived her and Vish, and both of them managed some half-hearted smiles a if to say what the fuss was about! But, what the hell, she did it! And you know like a pro, she grabbed some toilet paper, wiped herself and flushed it all! All grown up, huh?

Anyways, it is day 2 and we have managed to successfully use the pot only about 5 times till now. I have to remind her to go - she tells me only when the act is in play or has been done! Exasperated, I asked her today a little rudely - don't you come to know when you are about to pee. She calmly replied, "I don't - I come to know only when it is all wet." :(

Clearly, we are eons away from a diaper free tush but a teeny weeny step in that direction has been made. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. and i am still waiting for the moment when my girl would tell me before the deed is done.Instead, she shouts across the town " mamma, susu ho gaya " and if you don't stop her, rushes to the washroom,gets a poncha and starts wiping it on her own

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you've got to say!