Lilypie - Kids Birthday

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Sunny days!

(A very agitated) Manya: Oh no! The sun is out again!
Me: That maybe a good thing - we can go out in the morning and evening.
Manya: No, the sun is so strong it hurts me. I dont want to go anywhere. I want the sun to get lost.
Me: Umm. It is not so bad. I mean it can get uncomfortable but the sun is very important for us.
Manya: No, it is not. 
Me: Manya you are just like mommy. I don't like the sun too.
Manya: Then can you please shout at the sun and ask it to go back.
Me: I have tried. It doesn't work.
Manya: Nobody listens to mommy. Only Manya listens to mommy.
Me (with a sigh): That maybe true.
P.S. So many complaints about the sun when we are in a place that gets barely 150 days of sunshine in a year out of which half are just partly sunny days. Oh, and if you are wondering what the temp is: 70F/21C currently!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you've got to say!